In the last two years I feel like everyone around me is dying. People from around the world are dying everyday in the news, and sometimes I hear through word of mouth that someone I knew from childhood has died. It really saddens me and reminds me that I am not going to live forever.
Life is a precious gift. It cannot be repeated.
If you knew you were going to die, would you do anything differently? Would you treat people differently?
It really makes you think. It makes you question whether you are living your life to the fullest. Every day you wake up, you have the power to change your life! We may not realize just how powerful waking up everyday can be because we often take it for granted.
It is instinctual for us to be afraid of death. Our fight-or-flight response keeps us alive, but being afraid to live is not instinctual. It is a choice.
Here are some signs to help you identify if you are afraid to live:
1. You are not true to yourself
2. You do not step outside your comfort zone
3. You do not take good care of yourself (mind, body, soul)
4. You live to please others
5. You let fear dictate all your decisions
6. You are living in the past
7. You stopped believing in yourself
8. You are not setting goals you want to achieve
9. You waste your time watching others live their life
10. You do not have a support system
Do not be afraid to live. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.